Find out about our NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS here...
Collector Automobile Motor Oil (CAMOil) is the right oil for your collector vehicle.
- CAMOil is produced from high-grade mineral oil made for us by Boss Lubricants of Calgary, Alberta, specially formulated for flat bottom lifter engines.
- CAMOil has the correct detergents and dispersants to prevent deposit formation and sludge formation from contaminates.
- CAMOil has primary ZDDP, and secondary ZDDP (which activates at lower temperatures).
- CAMOil has polymers that have both shear stability and thickening efficiency capability to protect bearings.
- CAMOil has an additive that aids the oil to cling to the moving parts when the engine is stored for long periods of time which helps to prevent dry starts.
- CAMOil is available in 15W40 grade.
CAN I ADD JUST ONE OR TWO LITRES OF COLLECTOR AUTOMOBILE MOTOR OIL (CAMOil) WITH MY OIL CHANGE
No, each litre contains 1600ppm of ZDDP. A full compliment of CAMOil must be used, based on the holding capacity for your engine.
HISTORY OF CAMOIL
CAMOil is now available in 93 retail outlets in four Provinces. We are working on expansion into Ontario and the Maritimes this year with greater emphasis in Saskatchewan and Manitoba as well.
The current engine oils used by engine manufacturers in new car production are not applicable for initial flat tappet camshaft break-in. Those newer oils are less desirable than older formulations which have better wear additives than the current SM category oils.